Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hooboy. The computer thing.

One day I want history to remember me as one of the "Greenest" Presidents. That's why when I listen to the radio, I only use a crystal set. It takes no electricity, and it allows me to hide in the basement when Cindy realizes I left 1/4 cup of coffee in the pot and didn't bother making more.


I'm flipping the radio last night from talk station to talk station. It seems that AM isn't very good for much these days except talk and "Radio Disney". I'd make a crystal set that can get FM too, but the antenna would be too long. Cin does not like me running wires outside of the house.

Anyway, they're talking about a new commercial saying I can't use computers or send email. Like I'm technologically a dinosaur. Horsefeathers! I was on QuantumLink in the 80s! And as for not knowing how to send email, I pay someone almost $50K a year to do that for me. So bite me.

Now in all honesty, I haven't kept up on the newest games as much as I'd like. The arcade downtown closed a couple years ago because all the kids have consoles, and apparently I'm the last man alive who appreciates a good pinball table.

I tried to pick up a PS3, figuring I could con the wife with the "Blu-Ray" player being built in. She flipped, saying I couldn't buy it because the gamefields were going to burn in the screen in the living room TV. Some people just can't get over the whole "Ms. PacMan" incident of 1984.

This leads me to my next thought. Come January my "inaguration" is happening. I've got a shoebox full of Atari games that are going to be put right underneath the Presidential TV set. Do those wide screen models distort the screen any? I hope not. I like my Ms. PacMan to be round, not oval shaped.

No more black-and-white Pitfall for me! YES!

No comments: