Friday, August 29, 2008

My Retraction.

Regular readers of this blog will be quick to note that I had previously stated Tom Ridge was my choice for Vice President. Today's news that it will in fact be Sarah Palin.

I can explain.

Tom Ridge was my choice. I even called him yesterday morning to offer him the job, but nobody picked up. Maybe he wasn't home, or didn't put in his hearing aid yet. Hard to say, really. Since he never checks his voicemail, I didn't bother leaving a message.

About noon, I was discussing this with Cindy. I figured I'd call later that afternoon, but she mentioned Palin.

I've talked with Palin before and that woman just goes on forever about anything she can think about. So I told Cindy there was no way Palin would work out.

Cindy said if I didn't offer Palin the job, I'd regret it. I told Cindy she and her $100 million weren't man enough to make me do anything.

Then she knocked me over, sat on my chest and tickled me until I screamed for mercy. She agreed to stop if I would place the call.

Unfortunately, Sarah was home. It's almost as if she and Cindy planned this all along. I wonder.

No comments: