Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good God Almighty....

It started innocently enough. I called George to ask him for an update on the Poland and Russia situation that Condi is currently handling. He didn't have much of an update on that, but was breathlessly trying to tell me of a new Executive Order he was working on.

Apparently the current President wants to change the national bird from the Bald Eagle to a bat. The kind that eat lots of bugs and fly around at night.

I tried to reason with him. "George, bats aren't birds. They can't be the national bird if they aren't birds to begin with."

"But they're scary. And Russia needs to be scared of us. Bats would help that." he argued.

This went on for over an hour. Luckily the battery on my phone finally died.

He's probably still sitting in his office playing with bats crudely cut out of black construction paper. I should have never shown him you can use a white crayon to draw them.

"Vote!"

No comments: